Family is important, no question. But for Jodie Roth of Butterscotch Blankees (we love that name, by the way), family was her biggest inspiration. Butterscotch Blankees all started when Roth was looking for something snuggly and trendy to accent her son’s nursery. Not finding anything she liked online, Roth did what creative geniuses do best—she designed her own, and now her custom blankets and pillows are certainly getting noticed.
With the start of a new year, Butterscotch Blankees is expanding its line of knitwear. Currently, you can find an amazing collection of blankets, pillows, stroller throws, hats, scarves, sweaters and dresses for your little ones. Already, that’s a pretty impressive list of cuddly accessories; but Roth isn’t stopping there. Later this year, Butterscotch Blankees expects to launch an entire bedding collection to help turn a whole bedroom into a snuggle space.
To get to know Roth a little bit better, we thought we’d share her 15 Life Lessons because, let’s face it, mamma generally knows best, and Roth has some great motherly words of wisdom.
Life Lessons from Jodie Roth of Butterscotch Blankees
1. Try to always live in the moment.
2. Do some form of exercise 30 minutes a day.
3. Listen and learn.
4. Always have a great cashmere wrap to throw over any outfit to go from day to night.
5. Follow your heart, not your mind.
6. Follow your passion to start a business. It will get you further.
7. Treat yourself once a month to a “splurge” item.
8. Great ideas come when you least expect them.
9. Obsessed with monogram ANYTHING.
10. The perfect bag dresses up any outfit.
11. Woman should wear a man’s watch.
12. Finding your inner strength takes patience.
13. When speaking to someone, always look them in the eye.
14. Be your own brand.
15. Honesty and humility are key to life.
Thats all folks! Thanks for reading.