FALL COLOR TREND REPORT: GREY
I stumbled upon this great article on one of the most popular colors for this season. Enjoy!
Thanks for reading!
I stumbled upon this great article on one of the most popular colors for this season. Enjoy!
Thanks for reading!
It is almost Father’s Day and friend of Butterscotch Blankees Anya Sarre has come out with an amazing gift guide for the men in your life. Her unique gift ideas feature something for every type of dad. This is especially helpful for new Dads and expecting Dads. Number seven on her list is our Stripe Hat with Monogram Initials and we couldn’t be more excited!
Sit back, relax, and check out her picks from some of her favorite brands to suit every family’s budget and lifestyle. Happy shopping and happy Father’s Day!
Check out the video HERE.
Thanks for reading!
Today is May 1st (Happy May!) which means mother’s day is just around the corner. Mothers can be some of the hardest people to shop for, mostly because they are older, wiser, and probably have everything they will ever need. Plus, they probably taught you all you know about shopping and you could therefore never shop for them better than they could shop for themselves. This my friends, is where the sentimental gift comes in handy.
I have some advice for all you ladies out there shopping for your mothers, mothers-in-law, daughters, and daughters-in-law:
Now that that is settled, I’ve chosen a few very cute and extremely mom-appropriate items to ease your mother’s day anxiety. All of these have the option to have that special ladies initials on it, so she gets that warm fuzzy feeling every time she goes to use it. As one of my favorite moms Reese Witherspoon once said “If it isn’t move, monogram it!”
1. Monogrammed velvet slippers so your mom of choice can walk around all day and night feeling like royalty; stubbsandwootton.com.
2. Fun monogramed floppy hat just in time for spring, so mom can have a picnic and still keep her skin looking lovely for years to come; swoozies.com.
3. Monogrammed diamond cut whiskey decanter for those mothers who love to entertain, or just love whiskey; thestationerystudio.com.
4. Moon and Lola Script Gold Monogram Necklace for the stylish mom of any age; moonandlola.com.
5. Wooden monogrammed cutting board from so even when mom is tired of cooking dinner, she knows her family loves her; tuesdaymorning.com.
Check out these precious gifts and more on my monogram inspired pinboard on Pinterest.
Happy mothers day!
It is about that time of year again. School is winding down and the temperatures are spiking up (at least in South Florida)! Before we know it our kids will be out of school and very, very bored. Thankfully I am lucky enough to send our two boys to sleep away camp. They are far too restless without school and I can only entertain them so much, so thank you Camp Winadu for taking them off my hands. Camp Windau is a brilliant sports camp for boys in the Berkshire Mountains of Western Massachusetts, only 2 1/2 hours from NYC and Boston.
They so look forward to going and I so look forward to have them home at the end of the summer. While it is nice to have a little peace and quiet while they are away, I miss them dearly (and I hope they miss me). Every year I send them to camp with their mommy’s blankets with their names stitched on so they think of me while they are being mischievous and so far away. Ever since I sent pillows for my son’s entire cabin, I’ve been getting requests from the mothers right around this time of year. We can do really cool color combinations and even match the blanket to your child’s official camp colors. My son’s blankets are pictured below with their camp colors, blue and brown. We also have custom monogrammed pillows available as well. Don’t let your kids go to camp without one!
We also have feminine and neon colors that will make your girls the envy of their entire cabin! These will be much more likely to come home in one piece with the girls than the boys. Here are a few of my favorites!
I do have have fun getting all them all ready to go and checking off the items on their camp’s packing list. I almost want to go to camp myself when I start shopping for them! There are so many fun fashions for summer that are only acceptable in a camp setting, I might just pitch a tent in my backyard! Check out this camp fashion inspired Pinterest board that is helping me satisfy my own camp cravings. Check out a few of them here too!
Thanks for reading!
It seems to me that 2012 was the year of the colored skinny jean. Everywhere I looked there were skinny, ankle fitted jeans on all my friends, on my favorite T.V. shows, and on the runway. No color of the rainbow was off limits, although I think we all would have been a lot better of without yellow. With the changing of the season, I think that Spring 2013 is bringing something new, clean, and fun! All white is not just for brides anymore!
White jeans have been popping up in store windows everywhere lately, I’ve even seen tables devoted to only white jeans in some department stores, with all brands and styles to choose from. This is a great idea for shoppers, because white jeans can be unfamiliar to some and a good fitting white jean can be hard to find. Depending on ones body type, you could go with the skinny, flare, ankle fit, wide leg bell bottom, or even the stretchy jegging look (not for the faint of heart).
My favorite pair are these J Brand “Love Story” flare jeans. From the J Brand Site: “Inspired by Jane Birkin, Ali McGraw and all the fantastic ladies of the 70s. The wider feminine waist band and slim fit through the knee gives these jeans dramatic curves. Wear these with platforms or pointed-toe shoes – throw on a big necklace, aviator shades and you’re off.”
What I like to do is take these super funky flare jeans, pair it with a white button down top or light sweater, put on a brown belt and shoes and you’re looking so fresh and so clean!
My love for all things white also inspired my new collection of monogrammed bedding and comforters. Check it out at ButterscotchBlankees.com
Check out our blog post inspired pin board here!
Thanks for reading!
One of our favorite mommy blogs My Silly Monkeys is doing a Butterscotch Blankees giveaway! They were also nice enough to write a very nice article about our blankets, you can read an excerpt of the article below. You can also enter in the contest here as well as read the full article. Enjoy!
During the Holidays we did a Butterscotch Blankees Review. If you read the review you will see how much I love personalized gifts and how impressed I was with the quality and workmanship on these blankets. Now you can begin to imagine how absolutely ecstatic I was that they wanted to take part in our #BabyLove event!
Aren’t these baby hats absolutely adorable?
Since I am not going to find out what baby is I decided to choose a personalized blanket for Princess Dot. Her birthday was coming up and she keeps stealing RyRy’s Butterscotch Blankee so I knew she would love one of her own!
These blankets come in the cutest packaging ever! They look just like a piece of butterscotch candy and are perfect for gift giving on birthdays, holidays, baby showers or just because.
When we received it I actually got a little misty eyed. It’s PERFECT! I love the way her name looks on her owl blanket just like I loved the way Rylen’s looked on his Personalized Guitar Blanket. I think Dot’s face says exactly how she felt about receiving her adorable owl blanket. She was so excited!
The quality is absolutely amazing, there are absolutely no flaws and I’m super excited to say that the blankets wash up very nicely. There is absolutely no shrinkage or fading, so the blanket you receive looks just as nice once it’s washed. These blankets are going to last for a very long time!
During my last review I stated that “The quality is absolutely amazing! I have received other personalized blankets before and none of them are as perfect, soft, cuddly and amazing as Butterscotch Blankees! There are no flaws on the front or back. The print is clear and readable, she even spelled Ry’s name right and it looks awesome on the blanket!”
For Dot’s blanket I can ditto that statement 100%, well with the exception of that she spelled Zylie’s name right on her blanket.
I really wish they made giant blankets for my bed because I may or may not try to cuddle with Ry or Dot’s blankets! They do offer 400 or 1000 count Duvet and/or Shams for purchase but I love these handcrafted blankets more.
Thank you for reading, and don’t forget to sign up for the giveaway!
One of our favorite lifestyle blogs Lunch Pails & Lipstick recently wrote a very nice article about our blankets. This blog is fantastic for all things mommy, curated and edited by three really cool women. You all should definitely check them out! They write fabulous and up to date articles about fashion, beauty, food, fitness, and much more!
Read the article here or below.
My kids have also been loving our new butterscotch blankees throw. They use it while playing games & dolls and every night fight over who gets to sleep with it. We LOVE this company that has been seen in US Weekly magazine! They make personalized kid’s items including blankets, beanies and scarves. They are amazingly soft and wash super well!
Thank you again Lunch Pails & Lipstick and thank you all for reading!
We are so excited to have our Floating Hearts Blanket featured in the Valentines Day gift guide of one of our favorite sites ClubMomMe.com. They are a “social and educational community for moms and moms-to-be” and right now they have regional presence in Houston, Chicago and LA. I have no doubt they will one day take over the mommy globe and universe! They have such wonderful contributors, Anya Sarre is one great example. Read her article below!
Let’s face it, Valentines Day is an excuse to buy gifts for everyone you love in your life! No need to stress about what to get because I’m here to let you in on all the best gifts to make your shopping easy breezy and stress free! With all this shopping don’t forget yourself—you deserve a Valentine’s Day treat too!
FOR THE BEAUTY MomMe:
1. Delaney Wellness Skincare- Seven Day Discovery Kit ($98) – You want this for your own Valentines Day gift almost as much as you want to give it! The hottest beauty trend you need to know about is Vinotherapy- using grapes and wine to get great skin and reverse aging. This must-have Vinotherapy skin set will have you getting compliments on your skin right away! Made with antioxidants found in grapes, these super luxurious products will give you the radiance that make you look like you’re in LOVE this Valentines Day!
FOR THE FASHION MomMe:
2. Daniela Corte “Nolita” Leggings ($235) – Every fashionista needs a touch of leather this Valentine’s Day—get ahead of the trend with the Daniela Corte “Nolita” Legging! The hottest leggings when you need a little boost of sex appeal, the “Nolita” legging with faux leather detail sucks you in and makes you appear a size smaller while staying on trend. Pair with sky high heels for a night out or flats and a tunic for a day around town. Give the gift everyone will envy when she feels slim, sleek, and chic all year round!
FOR YOUR PET:
3. Red/Black Leather Diamante Heart Collar and Leash Set ($23.35) – Don’t forget to show love for your dog this Valentine’s Day! Style your dog with this adorable diamonte heart collar and leash set that will turn heads at the dog park. Not just cute for Valentines Day, this set can be worn any time to dress up your dog and show how much you love them!
FOR YOUR BFF MomMe:
4. District Collection Cashmere Scarf ($138) – Surprise someone this Valentine’s Day with the gift of the softest cashmere you’ve ever felt. This 100% cashmere scarf is the missing accessory every girl needs in her closet. Made in the USA, it can be worn year round, dressed down for day or dressed up for night, and the best part is, it’s one size fits all so you know it’s going to fit. This is the perfect gift for the girl who has it all and is the ultimate accessory for every one’s closet!
FOR YOUR BABY:
5. MudPie Heart Sock Set ($19.50) – Use Valentines Day as an excuse to buy your baby more clothes! Make sure your baby is dressed for the occasion with this MudPie Heart Sock Set! Let them get in on this day of love by accessorizing with the theme of hearts this Valentines Day!
6. Butterscotch Blankees ($130) – This cute, decorative blanket can be personalized specific for your baby! Great for Valentines décor and not just for your baby’s needs, this blanket is classic and luxurious. And the best part is this blanket is a great gift too!
7. Heartbreaker Long-sleeve Onesie ($6) – Let your little guy get in on the Valentines day fun too! He’ll be a heartbreaker when he’s in this cute red bodysuit.
FOR THE NEW MomMe:
8. Ju Ju Be “Be All Sweet Hearts” Bag ($140) – This stylish, messenger style diaper bag is easy to tote around and perfect for the mom on the go. It is multifunctional and is so chic it can be used as a tote bag as well!
FOR THE MomMe WHO HAS IT ALL:
9. Doie Lounge “Sadie” Robe ($136) – You can never have too many robes, but I’ve never found one softer than this. This effortlessly sexy and extremely comfortable robe is the perfect gift for mom this Valentines Day. Made from 100% bamboo and in the USA, you can’t get softer or more luxurious! Perfect to sleep in or wear around the house, this robe fits everyone and is so chic you’ll want to leave the house in it!
FOR THE MomMe TO BE:
10. Bella B Moms Essentials Gift Set, $29.99 – This is the ultimate essentials gift set for all expectant MomMes. Includes everything a new mom could need, all in a perfect travel size, and in a convenient travel pack. This luxurious set is the perfect Valentines gift for any mom to be!
FOR THE MomMe WHO LOVES TO COOK:
11. Mud Pie Heart Dip Bowl and Scoop ($16 each) and Measuring Spoon Set ($17) – Cook in style with this decorative cooking set from Mud Pie. Not only is this set great for entertaining, but these cute bowls serve as great holiday decoration as well!
FOR THE DADDY:
12. Daddy Scrubs “I’m the Daddy” Heart Boxers ($21.95) – These stylish, holiday boxers are a great festive gift for Valentines Day that give daddy a little bit of flair. Best part is, they are comfortable for every day so they can’t only be worn for the holiday!
FOR EVERY MomMe:
13. Brownie Brittle Chocolate Chip 6 Pack ($26.95) – Who doesn’t love chocolate on Valentines Day? Chocolate goodness in a wafer thin snack, Brownie Brittle gives you the crispiness and crunch of the edges of a brownie but in every single bite! This is a great gift for anyone— your co-worker, neighbor, or friend, and is a great treat to have out at a party!
So what are you waiting for? Let’s start our shopping to get ready for the best Valentines Day ever and spread the MomMe love with everyone in our lives!!
Anya Sarre, Style Expert
Happy Valentines day and thanks for reading!!
As you all probably know it is the second most wonderful time of the year for gift giving! Birthdays and anniversaries are up there but there is no other day so focused on love and showing that special someone you care. Valentines day is just around the corner and with it comes another fabulous opportunity to show your friends, children, and significant others how much you love them. While there is no wrong way to say “I Love You!” US Weekly seems to think they have the best way. Among those featured in their Valentines day gift guide, are our very own Heart and Love pillows seen below. Check them out in cashmere as well!
These are available in a variety of fonts and colors!
Thank you for reading!!
Family is important, no question. But for Jodie Roth of Butterscotch Blankees (we love that name, by the way), family was her biggest inspiration. Butterscotch Blankees all started when Roth was looking for something snuggly and trendy to accent her son’s nursery. Not finding anything she liked online, Roth did what creative geniuses do best—she designed her own, and now her custom blankets and pillows are certainly getting noticed.
With the start of a new year, Butterscotch Blankees is expanding its line of knitwear. Currently, you can find an amazing collection of blankets, pillows, stroller throws, hats, scarves, sweaters and dresses for your little ones. Already, that’s a pretty impressive list of cuddly accessories; but Roth isn’t stopping there. Later this year, Butterscotch Blankees expects to launch an entire bedding collection to help turn a whole bedroom into a snuggle space.
To get to know Roth a little bit better, we thought we’d share her 15 Life Lessons because, let’s face it, mamma generally knows best, and Roth has some great motherly words of wisdom.
Life Lessons from Jodie Roth of Butterscotch Blankees
1. Try to always live in the moment.
2. Do some form of exercise 30 minutes a day.
3. Listen and learn.
4. Always have a great cashmere wrap to throw over any outfit to go from day to night.
5. Follow your heart, not your mind.
6. Follow your passion to start a business. It will get you further.
7. Treat yourself once a month to a “splurge” item.
8. Great ideas come when you least expect them.
9. Obsessed with monogram ANYTHING.
10. The perfect bag dresses up any outfit.
11. Woman should wear a man’s watch.
12. Finding your inner strength takes patience.
13. When speaking to someone, always look them in the eye.
14. Be your own brand.
15. Honesty and humility are key to life.
Thats all folks! Thanks for reading.